NL-HARP Awards Guide - Doctoral Dissertation Research Grants
Grants per Funding Cycle: Up to 1
Application Deadline: January 26, 2016
Funding Announcement: April 2016
Purpose & General Guidelines
These grants will assist doctoral candidates to cover the costs associated with the research on a thesis.
Supervisors signing more than one application to this competition in any given year must indicate to the Peer Review Committee the order in which they would rank the applicants they are supporting.
Please note that all NL-HARP funding programs are subject to availability of funds.
- Applicants must be enrolled in a PhD program at Memorial University and be working, or about to be working, on a thesis approved by their academic unit, on a topic relevant to the priority themes of NLCAHR.
- Applicants should be under the supervision of a professor affiliated with Memorial University.
Selection Criteria for Doctoral Dissertation Research Grants
- Expertise and research experience
- Past contributions to aging and or applied health research and related fields
- Merit of the proposal, based on:
- Quality of the proposed project
- Potential contribution to applied health research
- Payment for data or data services
- Payment for the costs of interviews and focus groups
- General office expenses and supplies necessary to carry out the research, including computer equipment and software
- Compensation for reasonable expenses incurred by research subjects participating in the research
- Technical advice
- Field travel for research and the dissemination of results, at standard rates allowed at Memorial University
- Cost of printing, photocopying, postage, telephone and fax services, computing services
- Costs of obtaining copyright releases and payments under copyright agreements
- Costs for publication in open access journals
- Other expenses as deemed appropriate by NLCAHR
When completing your application, be sure to download the BLANK form to your hard drive first. Then, complete the form and save it to your hard drive using Adobe Acrobat; if you work on the forms online (e.g., fill them out in Safari or Google Chrome), changes will not be saved when the forms are downloaded for emailing.
The following information is to be submitted to NLCAHR by 4:30pm NST on January 26, 2016:
- Doctoral Dissertation Research Grants Application Form (electronically)
- 3 NLCAHR Referee Reports (electronically or hard copy)
- Student Authorization Form (hardcopy)
- Transcripts (hard copy directly from issuing institution)