Congratulations to the Winners!
Congratulations to the following recipients of the 2015 NLCAHR Awards:
- Dr. Sandra Small and Dr. Cynthia Murray | Knowledge, needs and smoking behaviours of socioeconomically disadvantaged pregnant and postpartum women ($27,000).
- Dr. Atanu Sarkar |Distribution of Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) in Newfoundland diet: Possible connection to hypothyroidism ($33,5000).
- Dr. Jacqueline Carter | Disseminating treatment for binge-eating disorder in Newfoundland and Labrador: A randomized controlled study of a guided self-help intervention ($33,500)
- Dr. J.M. Gamble | Advancing capacity for conducting quantitative benefit-risk analysis in Newfoundland and Labrador ($15,000).
Doctoral Research Grants:
- Jennifer Donnan |Integrating patient preferences and mixed treatment comparisons into quantitative benefit-risk assessment of SGLT-2 antidiabetic therapies($6,000).
Master’s Research Grants:
Patricia Howse | Safety and efficacy of incretin-based therapies in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and chronic kidney disease ($4,000)
Kelly Hunter | A study of perceptions and experiences around food practices among university students ($4,000)